Offering tax services can expose you to professional liability. Here's the information you need to identify, assess, and mitigate risks arising fro...
6/2/2022 8:00am - 4:00pm | Online | AICPA
Members: $159.00, Non-members: $199.00
CPE Categories: Ethics (4 CPE)
Fortify your practice
Which clients should you serve? What services will you provide? How will you best deliver those services?
A thorough evaluation of your professional approach, and keeping an eye out for legal risks, will greatly benefit you and your clients.
Join this panel of experts to learn:
- Professional liability exposures
- Conditions where professional liability exposures can surface
- How to identify liability threats
- How to ensure financial decisions reasonably outweigh professional liability risks
In addition to earning CPE credits, CNA policyholders may earn up to a 10% premium credit for three consecutive years on their AICPA Professional Liability Insurance policy. Please consult your agent for further details regarding eligibility.
Instructor: Deb Rood,Jan Lewis,Nick Magone,Henry Grzes
@ CPAs and CGMA designation holders
-@ tax practitioners
-@ legal professionals
-@ accounting and finance professionals
'- Recognize how to assess the professional liability risks of new and existing clients and services in relation to the firm's risk tolerance.
- Identify claim data by area of practice and understand implications for the firm.
- Identify how risk changes as a result of new information, client action (or inaction), and unforeseen events that can surface during a tax or consulting engagement.
- Recognize strategies to balance risk and maintain alignment with the firm's risk tolerance.
@ Claim data of the AICPA Professional Liability Insurance Program
-@ Practice management
-@ firm culture and going to market
-@ client and engagement letters and acceptance
-@ relationship continuance and termination
-@ data security
-@ risk management issues relating to tax and consulting services
© Copyright 2022 KSCPA | All Rights Reserved