Develop an understanding of depreciation methods as well as some tax planning opportunities that surround fixed assets.
12/5/2023 8:00am - 2:00pm | Online | AICPA
Members: $261.00, Non-members: $320.00
CPE Categories: Taxation (6 CPE)
How do I treat a property transaction?
This webcast will help you answer this question by focusing on understanding capitalized costs and depreciation and learning about the IRS cost and repair regulations dealing with property transactions so you can help your clients optimize their tax savings.
Tax professionals will also learn about the rules for depreciation, amortization, like-kind exchanges, involuntary conversions, business property sales, and important property-related timing issues and planning opportunities.
Course materials include the latest legislation, including bonus depreciation limits starting in 2023.
=- public Accounting staff and senior associate
- Tax professionals in company finance or Tax departments
- Calculate the initial tax basis and adjusted tax basis of business property.
- Determine the tax basis of self-constructed assets.
- Distinguish between deductible repairs and capitalized improvements under new tax provisions.
-Recall the tax treatment of expenditures for materials and supplies.
- Apply recent changes in the tax rules to the classification of expenditures and tax results.
- Recognize deduction recognition issues related to amortization.
- Recognize the fundamentals of the MACRS system of depreciation/cost recovery.
- Recognize eligibility for immediate Section 179 expensing.
- Tax basis of property acquisitions
- Initial basis of property acquired in an exchange transaction
- Materials, supplies, repairs, and improvements
- Accounting method changes
- Depreciation: MACRS, Section 179, and bonus
- Intangible assets and amortization
- Organization and start-up costs
Basic understanding of business taxation
© Copyright 2024 KSCPA | All Rights Reserved