There Is Strength In Numbers.
The More Members We Have, The More Resources To Do Our Important Work.
The KSCPA is the main organization that advocates for:
Here are a few highlights:
- We created a video highlighting the importance of KSCPA advocacy to promote accounting and protect the CPA profession.
- We launched a new tech-savvy KSCPA website allowing us to provide information quickly and efficiently on the accounting profession and its critical role in business, education, communities, and the economy.
- We collaborated with external organizations such as the Kansas Department of Revenue (KDOR) to give updates and guidance on pressing issues.
- We continued to grow our INSPIRE Business Camp, connecting high school students to accounting as a career path, current accounting majors, colleges/university faculty and potential future employers.
- We provided robust CPE opportunities to keep accountants on the cutting edge.
- We served as a trusted resource at the statehouse, outlining how proposed bills would impact businesses and individuals.
- We curated resources and timely updates on emerging issues via news alerts, advocacy updates, News & Notes, Ignite blog and the KSCPA website.
- We recalibrated internal programs & processes to offer streamlined, personalized services to members.
- We celebrated CPA exam passers, Women to Watch award winners, scholarship recipients, Life Members, and L2F Graduates.
We've got important work to continue.
Help us grow.
Encourage Your Colleagues to Join.
With your help, we can continue to:
Encourage more high school students to choose accounting.
Provide financial support to college accounting students.
Recruit more members for a stronger voice with legislators.
Continue to provide continuing education and leadership training.
Respond to profession trends and embrace new practices for future success.